A | A | A
Norway’s official websites abroad


If you intend to stay in Norway for more than 90 days or if you intend to work, you are advised to apply for a residence permit. Read more

A citizen of an EU/EEA country may stay and work in Norway without a permit for up to three months from his/her arrival in the country. If the individual resides longer in Norway, he/she shall register his/her right to residency at the nearest Police Station. Residency in another Nordic country is not deducted from the residency period. The same applies to members of the family to an EU/EEA... Read more

Entry visa for applying for / waiting for a decision on an application for family immigration Read more

If you wish to marry a person living in Norway, you can apply for a residence permit to come here and enter into marriage (fiancé permit). The permit is valid for six months, and you must get married in the course of the period for which the permit is valid. After you have married, you can apply for family immigration with your spouse. Read more

This information is for parents with children living in Norway. Read more

If you have a family member living in Norway, or you want to set up a family with a person living here, you can apply for a family immigration permit to come and live together with him or her. Read more